The Prescription Drug Round Up, held each spring and fall, is a safe place to dispose of expired, unwanted prescription drugs.
The next Round Up will take place on Saturday, April 28, 2018 at the following drop off locations:
- Raleys – 18144 Wedge Parkway
- SaveMart – 10500 N. McCarran Blvd.
- Scolari’s – 4788 Caughlin Parkway
- Smith’s – 175 Lemmon Drive
- UNR Lawlor Events Center – 15th St. and Virginia St.
- CVS – 680 N. McCarran Blvd.
- Walgreens – 3000 Vista Blvd.
Click the link below to access a printable flyer with all of the information you need to know about our Spring Prescription Drug Round Up.
More than 2.3 million pills have been identified and counted at the Washoe County Round Up events since 2009.
- Mix them in with something to help them break down. Follow the easy steps below for quick home disposal.
- Take the medications out of their bottles.
- Mix them with something unappealing like kitty litter or coffee grounds.
- Seal the medication/kitty litter mixture into a bag or disposable container like a plastic detergent bottle and throw away.
- Dispose of unwanted prescription drugs at permanent prescription drug drop boxes located in the lobbies of the following police departments:
- Reno Police Department at 455 E. 2nd Street, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sparks Police Department at 1701 E. Prater Way, Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Washoe County Sheriff’s Office at 911 Parr Blvd., Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- University of Nevada, Reno Police Services at 1664 N. Virginia Street Student Services Building, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
More Questions? Call us at 775-324-7557.
WASHOE COUNTY SPONSORS: CVS Pharmacy, Join Together Northern Nevada, Nevada State Medical Association, Northern Nevada Hopes, Northern Nevada Outreach Team, Reno Police Department, Raley’s, Retail Association of Nevada, SaveMart, Scolari’s, Sparks Police Department, Smith’s Food and Drug, Truckee Meadows Water Authority, University of Nevada Reno Police Department, Walgreens, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County Medical Society, Washoe County Sheriff’s Department.